The mission of Maryland Votes for Animals, Inc. is to create and support humane legislation, to engage animal advocates, and to work with legislators to promote animal welfare in Maryland.
We are a collective voice, central organization, and social network of concerned citizens who will work to:
- Reduce animal cruelty by promoting the passage of legislation to combat animal abuse in Maryland.
- Promote the election of representatives willing to champion and vote for humane legislation for Maryland’s animals.
- Champion issues and educational programs focusing on the humane treatment of all animals.
- Encourage greater representation of animal advocates within the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) decision-making process, including humane non-lethal alternatives to human/wildlife management issues.
- Advocate for greater statewide funding and usage of non-lethal alternatives for wildlife management, pet overpopulation, and for promotion of humane free-range farming methods.
We Need Your Help Again to Protect People and Pets Facing Eviction!
As evictions occur at record levels in Maryland, some families are coming home only to find that their beloved pets are gone. SB279/HB102, sponsored by Senator Jeff Waldstreicher and Delegate …
Let’s Protect Maryland’s Animals Used in Laboratory Research!!
This bill would establish comprehensive guidelines and oversight to protect animals used in research and require that non-animal methods of research must be used whenever possible.
Let’s Make Maryland a Leader in Finding Alternatives to Animals in Research!
This bill would establish the Human–Relevant Research Fund. The purpose of the fund is to promote state-funded research through grants and loans to public and private entities in Maryland to develop human-relevant alternatives to using animals in medical and product testing and research.
Let’s End the Cruel Confinement of Egg-Laying Hens in Maryland!
This bill would prohibit the cruel confinement of egg-laying hens in battery cages, typically the size of a standard iPad, where a hen is unable to spread its wings.